What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engines like Google can locate it, read it, and deliver it to users that have been seeking out your merchandise or services offered on the internet.
By referencing W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your websites SEO stays healthy through search engine algorithm patches and that it’s effective between all search engines and social accounts.
SEO Isn’t Only For Websites!
Pictures, videos, documents, and social pages can be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing web properties can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Perry it could happen in 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your web site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Georgia is going to be different. So our recommendation, focus on what makes sense, provide value, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
These Are Four Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide from Google – Resort to this manual for optimizing your properties for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You should read more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies immensely, please be sure to read this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
I get this question a lot, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to believe there are some basic formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to skim through that Google PDF file I linked to above, then these pointers should help until you can.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Perry then you will want to consider using Perry in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the text you will be adding to your web site, now be sure you label the URL path topically relevant to the article. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Perry” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users activate plugins to further optimize their web pages. A popular plugin utilized as of this article is Yoast. Yoast SEO has some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed & activated will allow you to optimize your page more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound link to a website that also offers value. Do not send an outbound link with anchor to another page about the same topic, instead include the link with anchor to something semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your page for. Creating an outbound link to another local Perry business can help provide location relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a site building tool that gives you the opportunity to add H Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your readers what the page is about.
• Page Content – Create as much valuable content to the end users as you can, see below. This should include images, text, motion graphics, PDF files, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can get quality pictures to embed on your page then do it. Label your images with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label a graphic of a computer a modem.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Perry then consider labeling it “Perry town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your page and read your article that it is relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Perry is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Perry proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be flowing with content. Articles, images, motion graphics, authority links, Google docs, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create a simple video on your tablet and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of quality content to consume, and it gives the search engines more original content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have a business site. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections and ask them to post an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your site.
• Social Sites – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only create a local presence in Perry on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that property.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to my page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, locate an relevant blog post, comment and engage the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a comment link.
In this ever advancing world of internet technology, what is an important factor now could become even less effective in the future. I believe by sticking to W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never last, loop holes are cut off daily and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to learn, take the time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be ranking for years to come.
Perry SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.