What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that search engine like Yahoo can discover it, analyze it, and present it to users that may be seeking out your products or services online.
By abiding by web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your websites SEO maintains it’s rankings through algorithm patches and that it’s effective across all search engines and social media platforms.
SEO Isn’t Only For Websites!
Images, videos, Google docs, and social properties can be optimized for search.
Properly optimizing internet content can be a time consuming project.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Placerville it could happen in three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in California is going to be different. So our suggestion, address what matters, provide value, and do it right the first time.
Below Are Four Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Document from Google – Use this guide for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should learn more regarding the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies greatly, be sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are basic guidelines to abide by. If you have not had the time to download the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this should suffice until you can.
Note: If you provide a service in Placerville then you will want to consider using Placerville in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the text you will be writing for your web page, now I recommend you label the URL something relevant to the content. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Placerville” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users activate plugins to further optimize their sites. The most popular plugin used as of this article is Yoast. Yoast SEO has some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated should allow you to configure your web page more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound “nofollow” link to a website that also offers value. Don’t create an outbound authority link to another website about the same service or product, instead send the link to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you are attempting to rank your page for. Building an authority link to another local Placerville business will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page building tool that allows you to create H-Tags then do it. An H Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your viewers what the content will be about.
• Content – Create as much useful content to your audience as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes images, writings, videos, Google docs, Google maps, links to social profiles, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can get your own photos to embed on your post then do it. Label your images with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of a computer a router.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Placerville then consider labeling it “Placerville town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Be sure that when people land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Placerville is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Placerville proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your site would be rich with quality content. Text, images, videos, outbound authority links, documents, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create a simple video on your ipad and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of content to consume, and it provides the search engines more original content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web sites and the links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Simply reach out to any of these connections and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a an inbound link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Placerville on those profiles but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were topical to my website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your website. That is a comment link.
In this ever growing world of technology, what is an important variable now might become even less relevant tomorrow. I believe by following W3 standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are cut off daily and the search algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your site to be ranking for a long time.
Placerville SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.