What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing content to web standards so that the search engines like Google can find it, read it, and serve it to users that are searching for your products or services online.
By following web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your websites SEO maintains it’s rankings through algorithm modifications and that it’s useful between all search engines and social profiles.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Graphics, videos, Google documents, and social profiles can all be optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing internet URLS can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Plain City it should happen in 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Utah is going to be different. So we suggest, address what matters, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time you do it.
Here Are 4 Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search.
• SEO Starter Document from Google – Reference this guide for optimizing your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You can learn more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO efforts greatly, be sure to refer to this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to create, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page SEO.
I get this question a lot, and although I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are clear formulas to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to skim through the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers should suffice until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Plain City then you will want to consider using Plain City in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the article you will be adding to your web site, now be sure you name the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL string says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Plain City” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users use plugins to optimize their site. A popular plugin installed as of this article is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO has some standard features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed and activated will allow you to configure your web page more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to build an outbound “nofollow” link to a website that also offers value. Do not include an outbound link with anchor to another page about the same topic, rather build the link with anchor to something semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you may be attempting to rank your site for. Sending a link to another local Plain City business can help provide location relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a site building tool that gives you the opportunity to create Header Tags then be sure to do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your audience what the article is about.
• Page Content – Include as much valuable content to your audience as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include images, articles, video, word docs, optimized Google maps, links to social platforms, and much more.
• Graphics – If you have unique graphics to share on your site then do it. Be sure to label your images with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Plain City then consider labeling it “Plain City town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Be sure that when people land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Plain City is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Plain City proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be flowing with content. Text, graphics, motion graphics, authority links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create custom videos on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of unique content to consume, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off site optimization refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Simply reach out to one of these people and ask them to include an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your property.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your property from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a an inbound link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Plain City on those profiles but to also backlink to your web page from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to my website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an relevant web page, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what might be an important factor now may become less effective in the future. I believe by staying within web standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Loop holes and short cuts never last long, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to learn, take time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your content to be optimized for a long time.
Plain City SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.