What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engines like Google can discover it, read it, and serve it to web users that may be searching for your products or services on the internet.
By abiding by web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your websites SEO lasts through search algorithm patches and that it’s effective between all search engines and social profiles.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Images, video, Google documents, and social pages can all be properly optimized for search.
Properly optimizing internet content can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Plant City it could happen in 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your site can be next to impossible. Every city in Florida is going to be different. So our recommendation, pay attention to what makes sense, give away information, and do it right the first time around.
These Are 4 Resources To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Document from Google – Resort to this document for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts immensely, be sure to refer to this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to think there are some basic guidelines to abide by. If you have not had the time to reference that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers will help you until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Plant City then you will want to consider using Plant City in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the article you will be adding to your web page, now I recommend you name the URL path topically relevant to the content. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Plant City” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users utilize plugins to further optimize their websites. The most popular plugin utilized as of this publication is Yoast. Yoast SEO installs with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed should allow you to seo your page more efficiently.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link with anchor to a site that also offers value. Do not include an outbound authority link with anchor to another page about the same product or service, instead send the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you may be attempting to rank your web page for. Building an outbound link to another local Plant City company site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website building tool that allows you to include H Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your audience what the page is about.
• Content – Create as much useful content to the viewer as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes photos, articles, video, documents, embedded Google maps, links to social profiles, and more.
• Photos – If you can get unique pictures to include on your site then do it. Be sure to label your images with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of a phone a modem.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Plant City then consider labeling it “Plant City town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your site and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Plant City is searching for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Plant City proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be rich with content. Words, graphics, motion graphics, authority links, Google docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create a simple video on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of unique content to consume, and it provides the search engines more original content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your web page.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a referral link. Setting up profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Plant City on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were relevant to my site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of internet technology, what may be an important variable now may become even less relevant in the future. I believe by sticking to web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never last long, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your content to be optimized for a long time.
Plant City SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.