What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to web standards so that the search engines like Google can find it, index it, and present it to people that may be seeking out your products or services offered online.
By staying within web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your sites SEO lasts through search algorithm patches and that it’s effective between all search consoles and social media platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Pictures, videos, Google documents, and social pages can be properly optimized for search.
Properly optimizing web properties can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Princeton it should take around 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in New Jersey is going to be different. So our suggestion, focus on what is going to help people, educate, and make sure you do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are Four Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide from Google – Reference this document for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can learn more regarding this grassroots coalition and it’s standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts immensely, make sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are basic formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to reference the Google PDF document I linked to above, then this should help you until you can.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Princeton then you will want to consider using Princeton in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the article you will be adding to your page, now I recommend you name the URL string something relevant to the content. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your web page for “good food in Princeton” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users take advantage of plugins to further optimize their site. The most popular plugin used as of this article is Yoast. Yoast comes with some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this activated should allow you to optimize your page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound “nofollow” link to a page that also provides value. I would not build an outbound link to another page about the same topic, rather build the link with anchor to to a property that’s semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your web page for. Creating an authority link to another local Princeton company site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website building tool that allows you to add H-Tags then do it. An H-Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the content will be about.
• Page Content – Produce as much useful content to the user as you can, see below. This can include images, articles, videos, Google docs, embedded Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can design quality pictures to share on your web site then do it. Label your graphics with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of a computer a monitor.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Princeton then consider labeling it “Princeton town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Princeton is searching for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Princeton proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web site would be flowing with content. Words, photos, motion graphics, outbound links, docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create simple videos on your tablet and post it to any social video network. Embedding a video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the viewer another piece of quality content to consume, and it gives the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are many other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have sites. Simply reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their page from yours.
• Social Sites – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a an inbound link. Creating business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Princeton on those profiles but to also backlink to your website from that profile.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success locating sites on the web that were topical to my website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an interesting blog post, comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what is an important factor now could become less effective tomorrow. We believe by sticking to W3C standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for many years. Short cuts and hacks never last long, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your pages to be optimized for a long time.
Princeton SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.