Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Just reach out to one of these connections in Princeton and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Princeton and you are wanting to rank for a local Princeton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a backlink. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Princeton, New Jersey on those platforms but to also backlink to your page from that property.
• User Comments – I have had personal success locating blogs on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an relevant article, comment and engage the community, then leave a signature in your comment that points back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web site and keeping a nice backlink profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some basic info on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate referral links, discover link outreach opportunities, find malicious backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Princeton and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this site to evaluate the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your websites optimization. For folks managing an SEO organization, this software also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of any changes with a clients online presence. Some of the services offered in this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social management, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive dashboard that allows you to manage the condition of your website. Many of the tools made available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for discovering inbound links referring to your site. This is useful for finding good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to follow the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. Software such as this is required to gauge movement and/or identify a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for finding keywords that you want rank your page for. You can configure geo-specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specified city and state like Princeton, New Jersey. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful tool is the search chart, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in New Jersey.
Princeton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.