What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that search engines can find it, read it, and present it to people in need that have been looking for your merchandise or services online.
By following W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your sites SEO lasts through search engine algorithm updates and that it’s effective across all search engines and social media sites.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Images, video, Google documents, and social platforms can all be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing web properties can be a daunting task.
Proper optimization can last twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Raymore it should take around three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Missouri is different. So our Oklahoma City SEO recommendation, address what is going to help people, give away information, and be sure to do it right the first time around.
Here Are 4 References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search.
• SEO Beginners Manual from Google – Reference this guide for optimizing your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more regarding the grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO efforts greatly, please be sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
I get this question a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are basic rules to follow. If you didn’t take the time to download the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers should help you until you do.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Raymore then you will want to consider using Raymore in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the content you will be writing for your web page, now I recommend you label the URL topically relevant to the content. The URL string says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Raymore” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users use plugins to optimize their site. A popular plugin installed as of this publication is Yoast. The Yoast plugin has some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed and activated should allow you to configure your page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound link to a site that also offers value. Don’t create an outbound link to another site about the same product or service, rather include the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but not in direct competition with the terms you may be trying to rank your page for. Creating an authority link to another local Raymore business can help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then do it. An H Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your audience what the article will be about.
• Site Content – Include as much engaging content to your audience as possible, see below. This can include pictures, text, video, word docs, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and much more.
• Photos – If you can design your own photos to host on your web page then do it. Label your images with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of an iPad a modem.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Raymore then consider labeling it “Raymore town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Make sure that when users land on your page and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Raymore is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Raymore proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web site would be flowing with quality content. Articles, photos, motion graphics, authority links, PDF files, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create nice videos on your tablet and post it to any social video network. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value all across the board. It gives the viewer another piece of quality content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more unique content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have websites. Simply reach out to any of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your web page.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a referral link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Raymore on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that property.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were relevant to my web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of technology, what is an important factor now might become less relevant tomorrow. We believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are cut off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take time to learn, take time to do it right and in the end you will find your properties to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Raymore SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.