Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have personal site. Just reach out to one of these associates in Reading and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Reading and you are wanting to rank for a local Reading service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a an inbound link. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Reading, Pennsylvania on those platforms but to also link back to your website from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success searching for articles on the web that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an topical blog post, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other utilities that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a nice referral link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of the interfaces and some basic info on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to locate back links, discover link outreach opportunities, find suspicious links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Reading and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free to use SEO optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to evaluate the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for monitoring your websites SEO. For folks managing an SEO organization, this subscription also allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the services offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient piece of software that allows you to manage the condition of your site. The features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for discovering backlinks referring to your web site. This is useful for finding good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to track the movement of individual keywords and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking details indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating key phrases that you want rank your page for. You can customize specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Reading, Pennsylvania. These keywords that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another useful feature is the search volume chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched key terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Pennsylvania.
Reading Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.