What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3C standards so that search engines like Bing can find it, index it, and present it to web users that are seeking out your merchandise or services online.
By following web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your sites SEO maintains it’s rankings through algorithm updates and that it’s consistent across all search engines and social profiles.
SEO Isn’t Only For Websites!
Imagery, video, documents, and social platforms can all be optimized for search engines.
Optimizing web content can be a time consuming project.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Red Bank it may happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your site can be next to impossible. Every city in Tennessee is different. So our recommendation, address what is going to help people, provide value, and do it right the first time.
These Are Four Links To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Document from Google – Reference this manual for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can find out more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies greatly, make sure to read through this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Site Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to believe there are basic guidelines to abide by. If you have not had the time to read that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers should help you until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Red Bank then you will want to consider using Red Bank in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the content you will be adding to your web page, now be sure you label the URL path topically relevant to the content. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Red Bank” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to help optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin installed as of this writing is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO comes with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed should allow you to seo your site more efficiently.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a page that also offers value to the reader. Do not send an outbound link to another page about the same product or service, rather include the link with anchor to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your web page for. Sending a link to another local Red Bank company site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page builder that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H-Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your viewers what the page will be about.
• Content – Provide as much valuable content to the viewer as you can, see below. This should include photos, text, video, word docs, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and much more.
• Graphics – If you have your own graphics to include on your site then do it. Be sure to label your images with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label a graphic of a computer a monitor.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Red Bank then consider labeling it “Red Bank town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when users land on your page and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Red Bank is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your business is actually in Red Bank proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be rich with content. Words, images, videos, outbound links, docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create nice videos on your ipad and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of content to engage, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have websites. Just reach out to one of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your property.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your property from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a backlink. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Red Bank on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that property.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to my site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an topical web page, comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your page. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what might be an important variable now could become less relevant in the future. I believe by staying within web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for years to come. Short cuts and hacks never last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your properties to be ranking for years to come.
Red Bank SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.