Jump to – In this article:
What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engine like Yahoo can locate it, process it, and present it to users that have been searching for your merchandise or services on the internet.
By staying within W3C standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can have pride in the fact that your SEO stays healthy through search engine algorithm modifications and that it’s effective between all search engines and social platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Graphics, videos, Google documents, and social pages can all be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing web content can be a bit of a chore. According to Absolute Summit, “Proper optimization could last twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo it should happen in three to six months.”
Identifying what it will take to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in California is different. So we suggest, pay attention to what is going to help people, give away information, and do it right the first time.
These Are 4 References To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Document from Google – Use this guide for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more about this grassroots coalition and it’s standards here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts greatly, please be sure to read through this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website? – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and although I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are some basic formulas to abide by. If you have not had the time to download that Google PDF document I linked to above, then this should help until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Redding then you will want to consider using Redding in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the content you will be adding to your web page, now I recommend you name the URL path something relevant to the content. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Redding” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users use plugins to help optimize their sites. A real popular plugin installed as of this article is Yoast SEO. Yoast has some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast activated will allow you to configure your page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound authority link to a website that also provides value. Do not include an outbound link with anchor to another website about the same product or service, rather build the link with anchor to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your site for. Building an authority link to another local Redding business web site can help provide location relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a site builder that allows you to include Header Tags then do it. An H Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the content is about.
• Site Content – Include as much valuable content to the end users as possible, see below. This includes images, text, videos, documents, Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and more.
• Images – If you can design quality pictures to embed on your web site then do it. Label your images with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the photos according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of a computer a hard drive.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Redding then consider labeling it “Redding town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Make sure that when users land on your site and read your article that it is relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Redding is searching for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Redding proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be rich with quality content. Text, pictures, motion graphics, hyper-links, PDF files, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create simple videos on your ipad and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of unique content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more content to index. This is a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Simply reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a an inbound link. Setting up business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Redding on those profiles but to also link back to your website from that property.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success locating articles on the internet that were topical to my website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an interesting web page, comment and engage with the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your page. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what may be an important variable today could become even less effective tomorrow. We believe by following W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never last, loop holes are closed off every day and the search algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your content to be ranking for years to come.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Redding SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.