Off Site SEO
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have personal site. Just reach out to anyone of these associates in San Francisco and ask them to post an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in San Francisco and you are wanting to rank for a local San Francisco service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send links to your property from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a referral link. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only create a local presence in San Francisco, California on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and other analytic tools. Monitoring the healthy condition of your site and maintaining a clean referral link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of the tools and some information on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect back links, locate linking opportunities, locate suspicious back links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to San Francisco and the surrounding areas) and the arsenal of free SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to check the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your sites SEO. For people overseeing an SEO business, this subscription allows you to monitor and track changes with a clients online property. Some of the service software offered through this interface are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your website. Many of the features made available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for identifying referral links referring to your site. This is useful for locating good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the movement of individual key words and URL strings. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for locating key terms that you want rank for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to locate keyword search volume in a specified city and state like San Francisco, California. These key terms that you identify and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in California.
San Francisco Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.