What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that the search engines can locate it, analyze it, and present it to people in need that may be seeking out your products or services online.
By following W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your sites SEO makes it through search engine algorithm modifications and that it’s effective between all search consoles and social platforms.
SEO Isn’t Only For Your Website!
Imagery, videos, Google docs, and social pages can all be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing web properties can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Scappoose it could happen in three to six months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your web site can be next to impossible. Every city in Oregon is different. So our Oklahoma City SEO suggestion, address what is going to help people, educate, and do it right the first time.
These Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Guide from Google – Use this document for optimizing your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should read more about this grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO processes immensely, be sure to check this out as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a goal to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do think there are some basic rules to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to download the Google PDF file I linked to above, then this will help you until you can.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Scappoose then you will want to consider using Scappoose in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the text you will be adding to your site, now I recommend you label the URL path something relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your page for “good food in Scappoose” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to optimize their site. A popular plugin installed as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO has some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting this installed & activated will allow you to optimize your site more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound link to a website that also provides value. I would not create an outbound link with anchor to another website about the same product or service, instead build the link to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your web site for. Building an outbound link to another local Scappoose business can help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website builder that allows you to include H Tags then do it. A Header Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the article will be about.
• Page Content – Provide as much valuable content to the user as possible, see below. This should include photos, writings, motion graphics, PDF files, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and much more.
• Photos – If you have unique photos to include on your site then do it. Label your pictures with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the photos according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of an iPad a monitor.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Scappoose then consider labeling it “Scappoose town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when people land on your page and read your content that it is relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Scappoose is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Scappoose proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be rich with content. Articles, images, videos, nofollow links, documents, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create great videos on your tablet and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the viewer another piece of quality content to consume, and it gives the search engines more original content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the referral links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Scappoose on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success finding sites on the internet that were topical to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an topical blog post, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what might be an important factor now may become less effective in the future. I believe by following W3C standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Loop holes and short cuts never last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take the time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your pages to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Scappoose SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.