What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing articles and images to web standards so that the search engine like Yahoo can locate it, analyze it, and deliver it to users that have been searching for your products or services online.
By referencing web standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your sites SEO lasts through algorithm updates and that it’s powerful between all search consoles and social media sites.
SEO Isn’t Exclusive To Your Website!
Pictures, video, documents, and social profiles can all be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing web URLS can be a time consuming project.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, however for local seo in Sharonville it may happen in three to six months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Ohio is different. So our Oklahoma City SEO suggestion, pay attention to what is going to help people, educate, and make sure you do it right the first time around.
Here Are 4 Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Document from Google – Resort to this manual for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You can find out more about this grassroots coalition and their standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO processes greatly, make sure to read this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a mission to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Page Optimization.
I get this question a lot, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are some basic formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to reference that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then these pointers will suffice until you can.
Important Note: If you provide a service in Sharonville then you will want to consider using Sharonville in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the content you will be writing for your web page, now be sure you label the URL topically relevant to the content. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your page for “good food in Sharonville” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users use plugins to further optimize their pages. The most popular plugin used as of this publication is Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO comes with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed should allow you to seo your site more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link to a site that also provides value. Do not create an outbound “nofollow” link to another website about the same thing, rather send the link with anchor to to a property that’s semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are trying to rank your page for. Building an outbound link to another local Sharonville business web site can help provide geographic relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a page building tool that allows you to add H Tags then do it. An H-Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your viewers what the content will be about.
• Content – Include as much engaging content to the user as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes images, articles, youtube videos, documents, embedded Google maps, links to social networks, and more.
• Pictures – If you can get your own photos to share on your page then do it. Be sure to label your images with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of an iPad a router.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Sharonville then consider labeling it “Sharonville town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your site and read your article that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Sharonville is searching for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Sharonville proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be rich with content. Text, images, motion graphics, internal links, documents, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create simple videos on your cell phone and post it to any social video network. Embedding a hosted video creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the viewer another piece of unique content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more original content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to one of these individuals and ask them to include an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your web page.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a an inbound link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Sharonville on those profiles but to also backlink to your page from that property.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an topical article, comment and engage with the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a backlink.
In this ever advancing world of technology, what may be an important variable today may become less effective tomorrow. I believe by sticking to W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Short cuts and hacks never seem to last, loop holes are cut off every day and the search algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your site to be optimized for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Sharonville SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.