What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that the search engines like Google can find it, analyze it, and deliver it to people that are searching for your merchandise or services on the internet.
By abiding by W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can feel confident that your websites SEO stays healthy through search algorithm modifications and that it’s effective across all search engines and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Only For Your Website!
Pictures, video, Google docs, and social pages can all be optimized for search engines.
Optimizing internet URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Waltham it may happen in three to six months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your property can be next to impossible. Every city in Massachusetts is different. So our Oklahoma City SEO suggestion, address what makes sense, educate, and be sure to do it right the first time around.
Below Are 4 References To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Manual from Google – Reference this guide for optimizing your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can learn more about the grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization efforts immensely, please be sure to read this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a goal to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Site Optimization.
I get this question a lot, and although I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are basic rules to follow. If you have not had the time to download that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then this should be adequate until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Waltham then you will want to consider using Waltham in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the content you will be writing for your web site, now be sure you name the URL string something relevant to the content. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Waltham” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users rely on plugins to optimize their websites. The most popular plugin utilized as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin has some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated should allow you to seo your web page more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to a site that also offers value to the reader. Don’t send an outbound “nofollow” link to another site about the same service or product, rather create the link with anchor to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you may be trying to rank your page for. Creating an authority link to another local Waltham company site will help provide geographic relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is like a headline, use it to tell a reader what the content will be about.
• Content – Produce as much engaging content to the viewer as possible, see the content pointers below. This includes pictures, writings, videos, PDF files, embedded Google maps, links to social platforms, and more.
• Pictures – If you have unique pictures to share on your web page then do it. Label your graphics with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of a phone a modem.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Waltham then consider labeling it “Waltham town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when people land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Waltham is searching for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Waltham proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your site would be flowing with content. Text, photos, videos, hyper-links, PDF files, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create a simple video on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a hosted video creates value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more quality content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Site SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are many other means of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these connections and ask them to include an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your property.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send links to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a an inbound link. Building business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Waltham on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for articles on the web that were relevant to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a comment link.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable today could become even less relevant in the future. We believe by staying within web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success ranking your content for years to come. Hacks and loop holes never last long, loop holes are closed off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Tweets by mi_marketing
Waltham SEO Services
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.