What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that the search engines like Bing can find it, process it, and deliver it to web users that may be looking for your merchandise or services online.
By referencing W3C standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your SEO stays healthy through algorithm updates and that it’s useful across all search consoles and social profiles.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Graphics, video, Google documents, and social pages can be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing internet properties can be a time consuming project.
Proper optimization could take twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in Winona it should take around three to six months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your content can be next to impossible. Every city in Minnesota is going to be different. So we suggest, address what is going to help people, educate, and make sure you do it right the first time you do it.
These Are 4 References To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide from Google – Use this manual for improving your URLS for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You can learn more regarding the grassroots coalition and their standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO efforts greatly, be sure to read through this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a mission to build, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the Internet, on web properties, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site Optimization.
This is a common question, and although I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I do believe there are basic rules to pay attention to. If you haven’t had the time to reference the Google PDF file I linked to above, then these pointers should help until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Winona then you will want to consider using Winona in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the article you will be writing for your page, now I recommend you name the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web page for “good food in Winona” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users install plugins to further optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin utilized as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast comes with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed and activated should allow you to optimize your site more effectively.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to build an outbound link with anchor to a site that also offers value. Do not send an outbound authority link to another website about the same topic, instead include the link to to a page that is somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are attempting to rank your web site for. Building an outbound link to another local Winona company site will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then be sure to do it. A Header Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your readers what the content will be about.
• Content – Produce as much useful content to your audience as possible, see the content pointers below. This should include photos, writings, video, PDF files, Google maps, links to social networks, and much more.
• Photos – If you can design unique graphics to host on your page then do it. Label your pictures with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label an image of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Winona then consider labeling it “Winona town park” if that is what the photo is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when people land on your page and read what you have written that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Winona is searching for your services, clarifying that your company is actually in Winona proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web site would be rich with quality content. Words, pictures, motion graphics, internal links, Google docs, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create simple videos on your mobile device and post it to any social video network. Embedding a video creates value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of content to interact with, and it provides the search engines more original content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by linking to their site from yours.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your site from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a an inbound link. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Winona on those profiles but to also backlink to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have experienced personal success locating blogs on the web that were topical to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what is an important variable today may become even less effective tomorrow. I believe by following web standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never last long, loop holes are cut off every day and the algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your pages to be ranking for years to come.
Winona SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.