What Is SEO
In the digital marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3 standards so that search engines like Google can locate it, read it, and deliver it to web users that have been seeking out your merchandise or services on the internet.
By abiding by W3 standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your sites SEO maintains it’s rankings through search algorithm patches and that it’s useful between all search engines and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Imagery, videos, Google documents, and social properties can be optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing web URLS can be a time consuming project.
EfficientProfessional optimization can last 12-16 months, however for local seo in Woburn it should happen in 3-6 months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your content can be next to impossible. Every city in Massachusetts is going to be different. So we suggest, focus on what matters, give away information, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Below Are Four Links To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• SEO Reference Document from Google – Resort to this manual for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You can read more regarding the grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO efforts greatly, be sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a mission to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the web, on web sites, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to think there are basic formulas to follow. If you didn’t take the time to access that Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers will suffice until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Woburn then you will want to consider using Woburn in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Here Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the article you will be adding to your site, now be sure you name the URL string topically relevant to the article. The URL helps to identify a page. If you are optimizing your web page for “good food in Woburn” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users activate plugins to further optimize their websites. A popular plugin utilized as of this writing is Yoast. Yoast SEO installs with some basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin activated should allow you to seo your web page more effectively.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link to a page that also offers value. Do not send an outbound link with anchor to another site about the same product or service, instead send the link to something somewhat relevant but not in direct competition with the subject you are trying to rank your web page for. Creating an authority link to another local Woburn business web site can help provide location relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a page builder that gives you the opportunity to create H Tags then do it. An H-Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your readers what the article will be about.
• Site Content – Include as much useful content to the user as you can, see the content pointers below. This includes photos, text, videos, docs, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social profiles, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can design your own pictures to include on your web site then do it. Be sure to label your graphics with topical wording that fits with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the graphics according to what they actually are. Do not label a picture of an iPad a hard drive.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Woburn then consider labeling it “Woburn town park” if that is what the image is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when viewers land on your page and read your content that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Woburn is searching for your services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Woburn proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web site would be flowing with content. Words, pictures, videos, authority links, word docs, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create great videos on your cell phone and post it to any social video network. Embedding a video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of content to interact with, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. Clearly a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to any of these individuals and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by linking to their page from yours.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a an inbound link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Woburn on those profiles but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for sites on the web that were topical to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an topical article, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your page. That is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what may be an important factor now could become even less relevant tomorrow. I believe by sticking to W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success optimizing your content for years to come. Hacks and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off daily and the algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to educate yourself, take time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your properties to be ranking for a long time.
Woburn SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.