What Is SEO
In the internet marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to web standards so that search engines can discover it, index it, and present it to users that are searching for your merchandise or services offered online.
By abiding by W3 standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your SEO maintains it’s rankings through algorithm patches and that it’s useful across all search engines and social profiles.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Imagery, videos, docs, and social pages can be properly optimized for search.
Properly optimizing internet URLS can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take 12-16 months, or for local seo in Woodbury it should happen in three to six months.
Identifying what you need to do to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in New Jersey is different. So our suggestion, address what is going to help people, give away information, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Below Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Guide from Google – Use this manual for optimizing your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You should read more about this grassroots coalition and their standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your SEO efforts greatly, make sure to reference this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a goal to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Page SEO.
I get this question a lot, and although I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to think there are some basic guidelines to pay attention to. If you have not had the time to reference that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then this will be adequate until you can.
Note: If you provide a service in Woodbury then you will want to consider using Woodbury in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Think about the content you will be writing for your web site, now I recommend you label the URL string something relevant to the content. The URL says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Woodbury” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users install plugins to further optimize their web pages. The most popular plugin utilized as of this writing is Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin comes with some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this activated will allow you to seo your web site more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound authority link with anchor to a site that also offers value to the reader. Don’t include an outbound link with anchor to another site about the same topic, instead include the link with anchor to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you may be attempting to rank your web page for. Sending a link to another local Woodbury business can help provide location relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a website builder that gives you the opportunity to include H Tags then do it. A Header Tag is like a headline, use it to tell your audience what the content will be about.
• Content – Create as much engaging content to the end users as possible, see below. This can include graphics, writings, youtube videos, word docs, optimized maps, links to social networks, and more.
• Photos – If you have your own images to embed on your web site then do it. Label your photos with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a picture of a phone a modem.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in Woodbury then consider labeling it “Woodbury town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when viewers land on your site and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Woodbury is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Woodbury proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your site would be rich with quality content. Words, images, motion graphics, outbound links, PDF files, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create a simple video on your ipad and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video creates value for the site and the end user. It gives the user another piece of quality content to consume, and it provides the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these connections and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your web page.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your website from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a backlink. Setting up profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Woodbury on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success finding articles on the internet that were relevant to my web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what might be an important variable today could become even less relevant in the future. We believe by staying within W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and loop holes never seem to last, loop holes are cut off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take the time to learn, take the time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be ranking for a long time.
Woodbury SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.