Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other pages and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Woodbury and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Woodbury and you are wanting to rank for a local Woodbury service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a backlink. Creating business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Woodbury, New Jersey on those platforms but to also send links back to your site from that profile.
• User Comments – We have had personal success finding articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, locate an relevant article, comment and engage with the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your website. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Guarding the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a nice back link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those dashboards and some information on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect referral links, find link outreach opportunities, discover suspicious back links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Woodbury and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of free to use optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this tool to evaluate the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for maintaining your web sites SEO. For folks overseeing an SEO agency, this software also allows you to maintain and keep track of any changes with a clients online profile. Many of the service software offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful tool that allows you to manage the condition of your web site. The features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for locating backlinks directing to your site. This is useful for locating good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of unique key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor progress and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking statistics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for identifying key phrases that you want to rank your site for. You can choose geo specific location settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Woodbury, New Jersey. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful for anyone trying to rank in New Jersey.
Woodbury Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.