What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing articles and images to W3C standards so that the search engines like Google can discover it, index it, and present it to people that have been looking for your products or services offered online.
By referencing web standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can feel confident that your sites SEO maintains it’s rankings through search engine algorithm patches and that it’s powerful between all search consoles and social platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Pictures, video, Google documents, and social properties can all be properly optimized for search.
Properly optimizing web properties can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can take 12-16 months, or for local seo in Woodbury village it may take around three to six months.
Understanding what you need to do to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in New York is different. So we suggest, address what makes sense, educate, and do it right the first time you do it.
Here Are 4 Links To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide from Google – Resort to this manual for optimizing your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – We suggest you learn more about the grassroots coalition and their standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies immensely, please be sure to read through this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community activity with a goal to build, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email messages, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page SEO.
I get this question a lot, and even though I think there isn’t a definitive answer, I do believe there are some basic formulas to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to reference that Google PDF file I linked to above, then this will help you until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Woodbury village then you will want to consider using Woodbury village in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the content you will be writing for your site, now I recommend you name the URL something relevant to the content. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Woodbury village” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Many WordPress users install plugins to optimize their sites. A real popular plugin used as of this publication is called Yoast SEO. Yoast comes with some very basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this installed should allow you to configure your web page more efficiently.
• Links And Anchor Text – Be sure to include an outbound “nofollow” link to a site that also offers value to the reader. Don’t send an outbound authority link to another page about the same product or service, instead create the link with anchor to something somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your site for. Sending an outbound link to another local Woodbury village business can help provide geographic relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a page builder that allows you to include Header Tags then be sure to do it. A Header Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your viewers what the page is about.
• Page Content – Create as much valuable content to the end users as you can, see below. This includes pictures, writings, motion graphics, Google docs, embedded Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can design unique images to embed on your post then do it. Label your images with topical wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the photos according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of an iPad a modem.
Note: If the image was taken at a park in Woodbury village then consider labeling it “Woodbury village town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your writing. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read your article that it is relevant to the search wordsthey used to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in Woodbury village is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Woodbury village proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your web page would be rich with content. Text, images, videos, outbound links, word docs, and anything else beneficial to the content. You can create nice videos on your mobile device and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a hosted video creates value all across the board. It gives the person that found you another piece of content to engage, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How To SEO Your Website – Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your property.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to create a backlink. Creating profiles in local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only have a local presence in Woodbury village on those profiles but to also send links back to your website from that property.
• User Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to my page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting blog post, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of technology, what might be an important variable now could become less relevant in the future. We believe by following web standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will have success ranking your content for many years. Short cuts and hacks never last, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take time to learn, take time to do it the right way and in the end you will find your properties to be optimized for a long time.
Woodbury village SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.