What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engines like Google can locate it, analyze it, and serve it to users that may be looking for your products or services online.
By referencing web standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can have pride in the fact that your websites SEO makes it through algorithm version updates and that it’s consistent between all search engines and social platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Your Website!
Images, video, docs, and social properties can be properly optimized for search.
Properly optimizing web URLS can be a bit of a chore.
EfficientProfessional optimization can take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Worthington it could take around three to six months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Minnesota is going to be different. So we suggest, pay attention to what makes sense, educate, and do it right the first time around.
Below Are 4 Resources To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Site For Search Engines.
• SEO Starter Guide from Google – Resort to this manual for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• Web Standards (W3C) – You can learn more regarding the grassroots coalition and their standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization strategies immensely, make sure to check this out as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community driven activity with a goal to build, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web pages, in email messages, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How To SEO Your Website – On Site Optimization.
This is a common question, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I tend to think there are clear guidelines to follow. If you have not had the time to access that Google PDF file I linked to above, then these pointers will help you until you can.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Worthington then you will want to consider using Worthington in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
PracticalStandard On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Think about the content you will be writing for your site, now be sure you name the URL string topically relevant to the content. The URL string says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your web site for “good food in Worthington” make sure that is found in the page URL path.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users use plugins to further optimize their web pages. A popular plugin installed as of this writing is Yoast. Yoast SEO has some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this activated will allow you to configure your web page more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a page that also offers value to the reader. Do not create an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to another site about the same product or service, instead include the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the terms you are trying to rank your page for. Building an authority link to another local Worthington business will help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H Tags – If you are using a website builder that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then do it. An H Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your viewers what the page will be about.
• Content – Create as much useful content to your audience as you can, see below. This includes images, articles, videos, word docs, embedded Google maps, links to social profiles, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can get unique photos to include on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your pictures with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure you label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a photo of a computer a monitor.
Note: If the photo was taken at a park in Worthington then consider labeling it “Worthington town park” if that is what the graphic is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Be sure that when users land on your site and read your article that it is relevant to the search term they used to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Worthington is looking for your services, clarifying that your business is actually in Worthington proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your web page would be rich with quality content. Words, pictures, motion graphics, authority links, docs, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create a simple video on your tablet and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a hosted video provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the person that found you another piece of unique content to interact with, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are many other means of getting referral links, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to one of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your property.
• Social – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a backlink. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Worthington on those platforms but to also link back to your web page from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success finding sites on the web that were relevant to my web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that points back to your page. That is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable today may become less relevant in the future. We believe by sticking to W3 standards, following OGP , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only becoming more advanced. Take the time to educate yourself, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your site to be optimized for years to come.
Worthington SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.