What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that search engines can find it, analyze it, and present it to people in need that may be searching for your products or services offered on the internet.
By staying within web standards, OGP, and Google best practices you can have pride in the fact that your SEO makes it through search algorithm patches and that it’s powerful across all search engines and social media sites.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Imagery, video, Google documents, and social profiles can all be optimized for search.
Optimizing internet URLS can be a daunting task.
Proper optimization could take 12-16 months, however for local seo in Yoakum it could happen in three to six months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your URL can be next to impossible. Every city in Texas is going to be different. So our recommendation, address what matters, give away information, and make sure you do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are Four References To Help You Optimize Your Properties For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Reference Guide from Google – Resort to this guide for improving your sites for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – You should find out more regarding the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your Search Engine optimization efforts immensely, be sure to read this also. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a end goal to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web properties, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Page Optimization.
I get this question a lot, and even though I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are basic formulas to follow. If you didn’t take the time to skim through the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers will suffice until you do.
Note: If you provide a service in Yoakum then you will want to consider using Yoakum in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL – Consider the article you will be writing for your web site, now be sure you label the URL string topically relevant to the content. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are optimizing your web page for “good food in Yoakum” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users activate plugins to help optimize their pages. The most popular plugin utilized as of this publication is Yoast. The Yoast plugin comes with some very basic features, in addition to advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed will allow you to seo your web site more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Try to create an outbound authority link with anchor to a page that also offers value. Don’t send an outbound “nofollow” link with anchor to another site about the same thing, instead build the link with anchor to to a property that’s somewhat relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you may be attempting to rank your page for. Creating an authority link to another local Yoakum company site will help provide location relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a website building tool that gives you the opportunity to add Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is is a headline, use it to tell your readers what the content will be about.
• Page Content – Create as much engaging content to the user as possible, see the content pointers below. This includes images, articles, motion graphics, Google docs, optimized maps, outbound links to social networks, and more.
• Graphics – If you can design unique images to embed on your web page then do it. Label your pictures with relevant keywords that fit with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the images according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of an iPad a router.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Yoakum then consider labeling it “Yoakum town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when users land on your page and read your article that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s recommended that you write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above that is a plus. Also, if someone in Yoakum is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Yoakum proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your site would be flowing with content. Articles, images, motion graphics, hyper-links, PDF files, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create custom videos on your tablet and post it to Youtube. Embedding a one of your videos into your site provides value for the site and the end user. It gives the viewer another piece of unique content to consume, and it gives the search engines more original content to index. Win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other pages and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these people and ask them to post an article about you or your company on there. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your site.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a an inbound link. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Yoakum on those profiles but to also send links back to your site from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to my page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, locate an topical article, comment and engage the community, and leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what may be an important variable today may become even less effective tomorrow. I believe by staying within W3C standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off every day and the search algorithms are only becoming more complex. Take time to learn, take the time to do it right and in the end you will find your properties to be ranking for years to come.
Yoakum SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.