What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engines can discover it, process it, and deliver it to people that are seeking out your merchandise or services on the internet.
By abiding by W3C standards, open graph protocol, and Google guidelines you can have pride in the fact that your sites SEO maintains it’s rankings through search engine algorithm version updates and that it’s consistent between all search consoles and social profiles.
SEO Isn’t Exclusive To Websites!
Graphics, videos, docs, and social pages can be properly optimized for search engines.
The process of optimizing internet URLS can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could last 12-16 months, or for local seo in Yorba Linda it could happen in 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what you need to do to rank your URL can be next to impossible. Every city in California is going to be different. So we suggest, focus on what makes sense, give away information, and do it right the first time you do it.
Below Are Four Resources To Help You Optimize Your Site For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Document from Google – Resort to this manual for optimizing your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – You should learn more about the grassroots coalition and it’s standards set here. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Benefits your Search Engine optimization processes immensely, be sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to create, maintain, and provide schema for structured data on the Internet, on web sites, in email, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Page Optimization.
This is asked a lot, and although I believe there isn’t a definitive answer, I tend to believe there are basic formulas to abide by. If you didn’t take the time to reference the Google PDF document I linked to above, then these pointers should help you until you do.
Quick Note: If you provide a service in Yorba Linda then you will want to consider using Yorba Linda in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
Basic On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Path – Consider the content you will be adding to your page, now I recommend you label the URL path topically relevant to the content. The URL string helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in Yorba Linda” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users use plugins to optimize their websites. A popular plugin utilized as of this writing is Yoast. Yoast comes with some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting the Yoast plugin installed & activated will allow you to configure your web site more effectively.
• Links/Anchor Text – Be sure to build an outbound authority link to a website that also provides value. I would not include an outbound link with anchor to another page about the same thing, instead send the link to something semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you are trying to rank your web site for. Creating a link to another local Yorba Linda business web site can help provide geographic relevance as well.
• H-Tags – If you are using a site builder that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then do it. An H-Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the content is about.
• Content – Include as much engaging content to the viewer as possible, see below. This includes graphics, text, youtube videos, PDF files, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social networks, and much more.
• Images – If you have quality photos to include on your post then do it. Label your pictures with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure you label the images according to what they actually are. Don’t label a graphic of a computer a modem.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Yorba Linda then consider labeling it “Yorba Linda town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Engage viewers with the content your creating. Be sure that when people land on your page and read your content that it’s relevant to the search term they typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Yorba Linda is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in Yorba Linda proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In a perfect world your page would be flowing with quality content. Words, images, motion graphics, outbound links, docs, and anything else relevant to the topic. You can create simple videos on your cell phone and post it to Vimeo. Embedding a video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of unique content to interact with, and it gives the search engines more quality content to index. Win-win.
How Do I SEO My Website – Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to any of these associates and ask them to include an article about you or your services on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a back link and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your site.
• Social – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to link out to your web page from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Setting up profiles in directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Yorba Linda on those platforms but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were topical to my website and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of technology, what is an important variable now might become less effective tomorrow. I believe by following W3C standards, following OGP , and incorporating Schema you will have success optimizing your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never seem to last, loop holes are closed off every day and the algorithms are only getting more complex. Take time to educate yourself, take the time to do it the right way and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be ranking for years to come.
Yorba Linda SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.