What Is SEO
In the digital marketing world SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of efficiently optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engines like Bing can locate it, index it, and present it to users that are searching for your products or services online.
By following web standards, OGP, and Google guidelines you can rest assured that your sites SEO maintains it’s rankings through search engine algorithm patches and that it’s powerful between all search engines and social platforms.
SEO Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Imagery, video, Google documents, and social platforms can all be properly optimized for search engines.
Optimizing web URLS can be a bit of a chore.
Proper optimization can last twelve to sixteen months, or for local seo in York it may happen in three to six months.
Identifying what it will take to rank your web site is almost next to impossible. Every city in Indiana is different. So our suggestion, focus on what matters, give away information, and make sure you do it right the first time.
Here Are 4 Links To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Properties For Search.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide from Google – Use this guide for improving your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3C Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more about the grassroots coalition and it’s standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO efforts immensely, please be sure to reference this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema – Is a collaborative, community backed activity with a mission to build, maintain, and provide schemas for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email correspondences, and beyond. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Site For Search – On Site SEO.
This is a common question, and although I believe there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are clear rules to pay attention to. If you didn’t take the time to read the Google PDF document I provided a link to above, then these pointers will be adequate until you can.
Important Note: If you provide a service in York then you will want to consider using York in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Page SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Think about the content you will be adding to your web site, now I recommend you name the URL string topically relevant to the content. The URL path says a lot about a page. If you are trying to rank your page for “good food in York” make sure that is found in the page URL.
• Yoast – Almost all WordPress users utilize plugins to further optimize their web pages. A real popular plugin utilized as of this writing is Yoast SEO. The Yoast plugin comes with some standard features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting this installed should allow you to seo your site more thoroughly.
• Links & Anchor Text – Be sure to create an outbound authority link to a website that also offers value to the reader. I would not create an outbound link with anchor to another website about the same service or product, rather build the link with anchor to to a page that is semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the topic you may be trying to rank your site for. Building an outbound link to another local York business can help provide location relevance also.
• Header Tags – If you are using a page building tool that gives you the opportunity to create H-Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell your readers what the page is about.
• Site Content – Produce as much useful content to the end users as possible, see below. This can include images, writings, motion graphics, PDF files, optimized maps, links to social platforms, and much more.
• Graphics – If you can make unique photos to include on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your images with relevant wording that fits with the rest of the page content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Don’t label a photo of a computer a router.
Note: If the graphic was taken at a park in York then consider labeling it “York town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your creating. Make sure that when viewers land on your page and read your content that it’s relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s common practice to write a minimum of 300 words, anything above and beyond is a plus. Also, if someone in York is searching for your products or services, clarifying that your organization is actually in York proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your page would be flowing with quality content. Articles, images, videos, internal links, PDF files, and anything else beneficial to the topic. You can create custom videos on your tablet and post it to Dailymotion. Embedding a hosted video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the user another piece of unique content to interact with, and it gives the search engines another piece of content to index. Win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Page SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your page. There are many other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have websites. Just reach out to one of these connections and ask them to post an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your site.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a backlink. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in York on those profiles but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an interesting web page, comment and engage the community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever changing world of internet technology, what may be an important variable today could become less effective in the future. I believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Loop holes and short cuts never last long, loop holes are closed off daily and the search algorithms are only getting more complex. Take the time to educate yourself, take the time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your pages to be optimized for years to come.
York SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.