Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other sites and the links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates in York and ask them to include an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in York and you are wanting to rank for a local York service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have the option to link out to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a referral link. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in York, Indiana on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Do not be a spammer, find an topical blog post, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your page. That is a comment link.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your web site and maintaining a authoritative referral link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some basic info on how they will help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view referral links, discover link building opportunities, locate suspicious links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to York and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free to use optimization tools for you guys that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this software to check the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your websites optimization. For those of you managing an SEO organization, this subscription allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a businesses online property. Most of the service software provided through this interface are position tracking, website audits, social management, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your site. The tools available within Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for identifying inbound links referring to your website. This is helpful for locating good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to follow the movement of individual key words and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to monitor progress and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For agencies looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values displayed show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying key phrases that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like York, Indiana. These keywords that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume info, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Indiana.
York Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.