What Is SEO
In the internet marketing arena SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is the process of optimizing content to W3 standards so that the search engines can discover it, index it, and present it to web users that may be searching for your merchandise or services online.
By referencing web standards, open graph protocol, and Google best practices you can have pride in the fact that your SEO maintains it’s rankings through algorithm updates and that it’s effective between all search engines and social media platforms.
Search Engine optimization Is Not Exclusive To Websites!
Images, video, docs, and social pages can all be properly optimized for search.
Optimizing internet content can be a daunting task.
EfficientProfessional optimization could take 12-16 months, or for local seo in Yukon it may take around 3-6 months.
Pin pointing what it will take to rank your content is almost next to impossible. Every city in Oklahoma is going to be different. So our suggestion, pay attention to what is going to help people, give away information, and do it right the first time you do it.
Here Are Four References To Guide You Through Optimizing Your Website For Search Engines.
• Search Engine Optimization Beginners Document from Google – Reference this manual for optimizing your pages for the Google search engine. Google SEO PDF
• W3 Standards (W3C) – We suggest you find out more regarding this grassroots coalition and their standards at this link. https://www.w3.org/standards/
• Open Graph Protocol (OGP) – Will benefit your SEO strategies immensely, be sure to read through this as well. http://ogp.me/
• Schema.org – Is a collaborative, community activity with a end goal to create, maintain, and promote schema for structured data on the web, on web pages, in email correspondences, and everywhere else applicable. https://schema.org/
How Do I SEO My Website – On Site SEO.
I get this question a lot, and although I think there isn’t an absolute answer, I do believe there are clear guidelines to follow. If you didn’t take the time to skim through that Google PDF file I provided a link to above, then this will help you until you do.
Please Note: If you provide a service in Yukon then you will want to consider using Yukon in your articles and descriptions as they apply to the fundamentals listed below.
These Are Some On Site SEO Fundamentals.
• URL Structure – Consider the content you will be adding to your page, now I recommend you label the URL topically relevant to the content. The URL path helps to identify a page. If you are trying to rank your site for “good food in Yukon” make sure that is found in the page URL string.
• Yoast – Most WordPress users activate plugins to optimize their websites. The most popular plugin utilized as of this writing is called Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO has some basic features, however there is some advanced functionality. Getting Yoast installed & activated will allow you to configure your web site more thoroughly.
• Links And Anchor Text – Try to send an outbound link to a page that also offers value. Don’t include an outbound authority link to another site about the same product or service, instead include the link to something semi- relevant but isn’t in direct competition with the subject you may be trying to rank your web site for. Creating a link to another local Yukon business will help provide location relevance also.
• H-Tags – If you are using a website builder that allows you to include Header Tags then be sure to do it. An H Tag is is the header of your article, use it to tell a reader what the page is about.
• Site Content – Provide as much engaging content to the user as possible, see below. This should include images, text, video, Google docs, optimized Google maps, outbound links to social platforms, and much more.
• Pictures – If you can get your own pictures to host on your web page then do it. Be sure to label your photos with topical keywords that fit with the rest of the content. Also be sure to label the pictures according to what they actually are. Do not label a graphic of a computer a modem.
Note: If the picture was taken at a park in Yukon then consider labeling it “Yukon town park” if that is what the picture is.
• Article – Provide value with the content your writing. Be sure that when users land on your page and read what you have written that it is relevant to the search wordsthey typed to find you. It’s normal to write a minimum of three hundred words, anything above and beyond is considered a plus. Also, if someone in Yukon is looking for your products or services, clarifying that your company is actually in Yukon proves to be extremely beneficial to search.
• Videos – In an ideal situation your page would be rich with quality content. Text, images, videos, nofollow links, documents, and anything else relevant to the content. You can create great videos on your mobile device and post it to any social video network. Embedding a hosted video provides value for you and your viewers. It gives the person that found you another piece of quality content to consume, and it gives the search engines more unique content to index. This is a win-win.
How Do I Optimize My Site For Search – Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to one of these associates and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a page and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your site.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your site from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a an inbound link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Google Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Yukon on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success locating blogs on the internet that were relevant to my page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, search for an topical article, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
In this ever growing world of internet technology, what might be an important variable now might become less effective tomorrow. I believe by following W3 standards, following Open Graph Protocol , and utilizing Schema you will find success ranking your content for many years. Hacks and short cuts never last long, loop holes are cut off every day and the algorithms are only getting more advanced. Take the time to learn, take time to do it right and at the end of the day you will find your content to be optimized for a long time.
Yukon SEO Services
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.