Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have sites. Take the time to reach out to anyone of these associates in Charleston and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Charleston and you are wanting to rank for a local Charleston service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to produce a backlink. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Charleston, South Carolina on those profiles but to also send links back to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success searching for articles on the internet that were topical to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, search for an interesting web page, comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your website. That my friends is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are many other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web property and keeping a clean link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are some of the software interfaces and some basic information on how they can assist you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to research backlinks, find linking opportunities, discover negative back links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are proven useful for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics specific to Charleston and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this software to monitor the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your sites SEO. For those of you managing an SEO agency, this tool allows you to monitor and keep track of any changes with a businesses online property. Many of the tools provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. The features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for locating links pointing to your web site. This is useful for locating good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to track the movement of specific keywords and URLS. Software such as this is required to gauge progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values represent a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for identifying key terms that you want rank your page for. You can choose geo specific location settings to identify search volume in a specific city and state like Charleston, South Carolina. These key words that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search graph, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in South Carolina.
Charleston Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.