Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to any of these individuals in Chelsea and ask them to post an article about you or your company on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Chelsea and you are wanting to rank for a local Chelsea service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a link. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the chance to not only build a local presence in Chelsea, Michigan on those platforms but to also backlink to your page from that property.
• Comments – I have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an relevant article, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other utilities that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the health of your site and keeping a clean referral link profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of the tools and some info on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view backlinks, locate link building opportunities, locate malicious referral links, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Chelsea and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free optimization tools for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to monitor the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your websites SEO. For individuals managing an SEO organization, this software also allows you to maintain and track changes with a clients online profile. Most of the services provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful piece of software that allows you to manage the health of your site. Most of the tools available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for identifying referral links pointing to your website. This is helpful for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to monitor the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking statistics refer to position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for finding key phrases that you want rank your site for. You can customize specific location identification settings to locate keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Chelsea, Michigan. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume info, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Michigan.
Chelsea Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.