Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are other means of receiving referral links, but these are common and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have a business site. Just reach out to any of these people in Chicago Heights and ask them to post an article about you or your business on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a property and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Chicago Heights and you are wanting to rank for a local Chicago Heights service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Chicago Heights, Illinois on those profiles but to also send links back to your site from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, search for an topical article, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are other tools that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your site and maintaining a authoritative backlink profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of the interfaces and some information on how they could help you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to locate inbound links, find link building opportunities, find negative backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Chicago Heights and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free SEO dashboards for you guys that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for maintaining your websites SEO. For folks overseeing an SEO agency, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a clients online presence. Some of the service software provided through this dashboard are position tracking, website audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your site. The tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for discovering backlinks directing to your website. This is great for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of individual key words and URLS. A tool such as this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in rankings while the green values seen show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating key terms that you want rank for. You can customize specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Chicago Heights, Illinois. These key terms that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched phrases is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Illinois.
Chicago Heights Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.