Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other means of getting backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have personal site. Just reach out to one of these associates in Cincinnati and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cincinnati and you are wanting to rank for a local Cincinnati service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Cincinnati, Ohio on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical article, leave a comment and engage with the community, and leave a URL in your comment that refers back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Maintaining the health of your web property and keeping a clean link profile is essential for ranking. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some basic info on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view backlinks, locate link outreach opportunities, locate unwanted backlinks, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are must haves for agencies. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Cincinnati and the surrounding areas) and the plethora of free SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this site to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for monitoring your web sites SEO. For folks overseeing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and track sudden changes with a clients online property. Many of the service software provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful tool that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. The tools available on Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool we use for discovering backlinks pointing to your site. This is great for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to follow the movement of individual keywords and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to gauge progress and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to manage the SEO for clients, PRT is an affordable option.
Ranking details indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in rankings while the green values seen represent a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want rank your site for. You can customize geo specific location identification settings to discover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Cincinnati, Ohio. These keywords that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
Identifying locally searched terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Ohio.
Cincinnati Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.