Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Just reach out to any of these people in Clemson and ask them to include an article about you or your products on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Clemson and you are wanting to rank for a local Clemson service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your site from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a an inbound link. Setting up business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Clemson, South Carolina on those platforms but to also backlink to your website from that profile.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, find an interesting web page, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your site. That is a comment link.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your site and keeping a nice link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are a few of the dashboards and some basic info on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research backlinks, locate link outreach opportunities, locate negative backlinks, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Clemson and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this software to monitor the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your sites SEO. For those of you running an SEO business, this tool also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a clients online profile. Most of the services offered through this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social management, brand monitoring, outbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive piece of software that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your website. The tools available within Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for locating back links directing to your site. This is great for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to monitor the movement of unique key words and URL strings. A tool such as this is required to gauge movement and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking statistics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for identifying keywords that you want to rank your property for. You can customize geo specific location settings to discover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Clemson, South Carolina. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful tool is the search volume chart, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is helpful for anyone trying to rank in South Carolina.
Clemson Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.