Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Cleveland Heights and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cleveland Heights and you are wanting to rank for a local Cleveland Heights service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to produce a link. Building business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Cleveland Heights, Ohio on those profiles but to also link back to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for blogs on the internet that were topical to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, comment and engage the online community, and leave a link in your comment that points back to your website. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your property and maintaining a nice backlink profile is a must for ranking your site. Here are some of the dashboards and some basic information on how they could help you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate backlinks, locate link outreach opportunities, find negative backlinks, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are must haves for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Cleveland Heights and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the plethora of free to use optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting off the ground.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this site to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for maintaining your sites SEO. For people overseeing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to monitor and track any changes with a clients online property. Some of the services provided through this dashboard are position tracking, website audits, social tracking, brand monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful piece of software that allows you to manage the condition of your website. The features available within Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for discovering referral links pointing to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to monitor the rankings of unique key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For agencies looking to manage SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking details refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values displayed show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for locating keywords that you want to rank your page for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Cleveland Heights, Ohio. These key phrases that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
finding locally searched key terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Ohio.
Cleveland Heights Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.