Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to other sites and the referral links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Just reach out to any of these connections in Clovis and ask them to include an article about you or your business on the site. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Clovis and you are wanting to rank for a local Clovis service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Creating business profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Clovis, New Mexico on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that profile.
• Comments – We have had personal success finding sites on the web that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an topical web page, comment and engage with the online community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the health of your web property and maintaining a clean link profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are some of the software interfaces and some information on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research inbound links, discover link outreach opportunities, locate suspicious backlinks, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for optimization. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Clovis and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of limited but free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for maintaining your sites SEO. For folks running an SEO agency, this software allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a clients online profile. Most of the services provided in this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful interface that allows you to monitor the health of your web site. The tools available within Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for discovering back links pointing to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to monitor the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to gauge progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For individuals looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for locating key terms that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location settings to locate search volume in a specified city and state like Clovis, New Mexico. These key terms that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume info, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched keywords is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in New Mexico.
Clovis Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.