Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these people in Colonie village and ask them to include an article about you or your products on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Colonie village and you are wanting to rank for a local Colonie village service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a an inbound link. Building business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Colonie village, New York on those profiles but to also backlink to your web page from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the web that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an topical article, comment and engage the online community, then leave a link in your comment that points back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your property and keeping a nice link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of the tools and some info on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view backlinks, locate link outreach opportunities, find negative backlinks, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Colonie village and the surrounding areas) and the plethora of free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. Use this tool to check the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for managing your sites SEO. For those of you managing an SEO business, this tool also allows you to orchestrate and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online presence. Many of the service software offered in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, website audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and site traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient interface that allows you to manage the health of your site. Many of the features available on Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO. Ahrefs has a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying referral links directing to your web site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad backlinks.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to follow the movement of specific key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For people looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values indicate an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for identifying key terms that you want to rank your page for. You can customize specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Colonie village, New York. These key words that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched phrases is helpful for anyone trying to rank in New York.
Colonie village Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.