Off Site SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web sites and the referral links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and usually simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections in Columbia Heights and ask them to post an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to create a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Columbia Heights and you are wanting to rank for a local Columbia Heights service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your site from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a link. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only build a local presence in Columbia Heights, Minnesota on those platforms but to also link back to your site from that profile.
• User Comments – We have experienced personal success finding blogs on the web that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, locate an topical blog post, comment and engage the online community, then leave a link in your comment that links back to your site. That is a comment link.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the health of your site and maintaining a clean backlink profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are some of the subscriptions and some information on how they will assist you with your off page SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view referral links, discover linking opportunities, find suspicious back links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ provides other useful tools that are must haves for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Columbia Heights and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of limited but free SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
DA and PA are very important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this site to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your web sites SEO. For folks managing an SEO organization, this software allows you to maintain and track changes with a clients online profile. Some of the service software offered through this interface are position tracking, website audits, social management, profile monitoring, outbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that allows you to manage the condition of your web site. The tools made available within Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool we use for locating inbound links directing to your website. This is great for finding good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is required to monitor progress and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can customize specific location identification settings to locate search volume in a specific city and state like Columbia Heights, Minnesota. These key words that you locate and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this indicates how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched keywords is helpful for anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Columbia Heights Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.