Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other sites and the links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually simple to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with someone else that has a website, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Simply reach out to anyone of these people in Cornelius and ask them to include an article about you or your products on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Cornelius and you are wanting to rank for a local Cornelius service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a an inbound link. Setting up profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only create a local presence in Cornelius, North Carolina on those platforms but to also link back to your page from that property.
• User Comments – I have had personal success locating sites on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, find an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that links back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a authoritative link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are some of the software interfaces and some information on how they can help you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research back links, discover link outreach opportunities, locate negative backlinks, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics exclusive to Cornelius and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free SEO tools for you guys that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your websites optimization. For those of you overseeing an SEO agency, this tool allows you to orchestrate and track changes with a businesses online property. Many of the service software offered through this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the tools available on Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch overviews, link explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for identifying links referring to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to monitor the movement of specific keywords and URLS. Software like this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed indicate a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying key terms that you want to rank your page for. You can customize specific location settings to identify keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Cornelius, North Carolina. These key phrases that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in North Carolina.
Cornelius Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.