Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those properties. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have a business site. Simply reach out to anyone of these associates in Council Bluffs and ask them to include an article about you or your services on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Council Bluffs and you are wanting to rank for a local Council Bluffs service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your site from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a backlink. Setting up business profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Council Bluffs, Iowa on those platforms but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that property.
• Social Comments – We have experienced personal success finding articles on the internet that were topical to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, search for an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are many other utilities that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the health of your property and maintaining a clean referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of the tools and some basic information on how they can assist you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to inspect back links, discover linking opportunities, discover malicious links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Council Bluffs and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their plethora of free SEO dashboards for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO arena. Use this tool to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for monitoring your sites optimization. For people running an SEO agency, this software allows you to maintain and keep track of sudden changes with a businesses online profile. Some of the services provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive tool that allows you to monitor the condition of your site. Many of the features made available on Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for discovering back links directing to your web site. This is great for identifying good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software tool that is primarily used to monitor the movement of specific key words and URL strings. A tool like this is required to monitor progress and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to manage the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option.
Ranking stats indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values seen show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding keywords that you want rank your property for. You can customize specific location identification settings to uncover keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Council Bluffs, Iowa. These keywords that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched phrases is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Iowa.
Council Bluffs Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.