Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking associates that have personal site. Just reach out to any of these people in Covington and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Covington and you are wanting to rank for a local Covington service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your property from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Covington, Georgia on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your website from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success locating articles on the web that were relevant to our website and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an interesting web page, comment and engage the online community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your web page. That my friends is a backlink.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and many other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a clean backlink profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are some of those software interfaces and some basic information on how they could assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view backlinks, find link outreach opportunities, locate unwanted referral links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Covington and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of free optimization optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this tool to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for monitoring your websites SEO. For folks overseeing an SEO organization, this tool also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a businesses online property. Some of the services offered through this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social management, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful dashboard that allows you to manage the health of your site. The features available on Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The referral link profile explorer is an awesome tool used for identifying inbound links directing to your website. This is helpful for identifying good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to track the movement of specific keywords and URLS. A tool such as this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking stats indicate keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values seen indicate a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to locate keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Covington, Georgia. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Georgia.
Covington Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.