Off Site Optimization
Off site optimization refers to other pages and the referral links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or social comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to anyone of these associates in Creston and ask them to post an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a property and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Creston and you are wanting to rank for a local Creston service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have the option to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a referral link. Creating business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Creston, Iowa on those profiles but to also backlink to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – We have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an topical blog post, comment and engage the community, then leave a link in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Tools
There are other options to the Webmaster tools that Google offers, there are other dashboards that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web page and keeping a clean back link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of the software interfaces and some info on how they will assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research back links, discover linking opportunities, locate suspicious back links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Creston and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of limited but free optimization optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO arena. You can use this software to evaluate the metrics on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for monitoring your websites optimization. For individuals managing an SEO agency, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online property. Many of the service software provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword search analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very useful piece of software that allows you to monitor the health of your site. The tools available on Ahrefs are identical to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool we use for discovering backlinks pointing to your site. This is useful for discovering good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is primarily used to track the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For people looking to monitor SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values displayed show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding key phrases that you want to rank your page for. You can choose specific location identification settings to uncover search volume in a specific city and state like Creston, Iowa. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search info, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Iowa.
Creston Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.