Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have websites. Take the time to reach out to any of these people in Daly City and ask them to post an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the hassle. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by linking to their website from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Daly City and you are wanting to rank for a local Daly City service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to send links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a link. Building profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the chance to not only create a local presence in Daly City, California on those platforms but to also send links back to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success searching for articles on the web that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an topical web page, comment and engage the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your site. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytics. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a nice referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of those interfaces and some information on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate back links, locate linking opportunities, discover unwanted backlinks, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Daly City and the surrounding cities) and their plethora of free to use SEO tools for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this software to evaluate the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have piece of software for managing your sites optimization. For folks running an SEO agency, this subscription allows you to maintain and keep track of any changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the service software provided through this interface are keyword position tracking, site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and site traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient dashboard that allows you to manage the condition of your web site. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are really unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software we use for identifying referral links referring to your website. This is useful for finding good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to follow the rankings of specific keywords and URL strings. Software such as this is required to monitor movement and/or spot a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen show a spike in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for locating keywords that you want to rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Daly City, California. These keywords that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search volume graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search queries.
finding locally searched phrases is valuable to anyone trying to rank in California.
Daly City Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.