Off Page Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other pages and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are many other ways of receiving referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these people in Dana Point and ask them to include an article about you or your company on it. My suggestion is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dana Point and you are wanting to rank for a local Dana Point service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Reddit you have an opportunity to link out to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to send links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a link. Creating profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Dana Point, California on those platforms but to also backlink to your site from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our site and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an topical article, leave a comment and engage the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your page. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the Webmaster tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Guarding the health of your web page and keeping a nice link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of the tools and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off page optimization.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to research back links, locate link outreach opportunities, discover malicious backlinks, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Dana Point and the surrounding cities) and the plethora of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to monitor the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for monitoring your websites optimization. For people managing an SEO agency, this software allows you to maintain and track any changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the tools provided in this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, backlink audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the health of your web site. The tools made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool we use for identifying inbound links pointing to your site. This is great for discovering good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to monitor the movement of individual key words and URLS. Software like this is needed to gauge progress and/or spot a dip in rankings. For individuals looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking details refer to keyword position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen represent a dip in rankings while the green values seen indicate an increase in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for identifying keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can configure geo specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specific city and state like Dana Point, California. These key words that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search info, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched terms is valuable for anyone trying to rank in California.
Dana Point Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.