Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or social comment linking back to your page. There are other means of getting backlinks, but these are common and are typically easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have personal site. Simply reach out to one of these associates in Dayton and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by linking to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dayton and you are wanting to rank for a local Dayton service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Properties – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to build a backlink. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Dayton, Ohio on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your page from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, find an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the community, and leave a link in your comment that refers back to your site. That my friends is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your property and maintaining a authoritative link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are a few of those tools and some basic info on how they will assist you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view back links, locate linking opportunities, find unwanted links, check on a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are proven useful for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Dayton and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of free SEO dashboards for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are important metrics in the SEO world. Use this site to check the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your web sites optimization. For folks managing an SEO agency, this tool allows you to monitor and keep track of changes with a clients online profile. Most of the tools provided in this dashboard are position tracking, website audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and referral traffic are really important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient dashboard that allows you to manage the health of your website. Most of the features made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and lots more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great tool we use for locating backlinks referring to your web site. This is useful for identifying good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is primarily used to monitor the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. Software like this is required to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For agencies looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen represent a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for locating key terms that you want to rank your page for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Dayton, Ohio. These key phrases that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful tool is the search graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
Identifying locally searched key terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Ohio.
Dayton Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.