Off Page SEO
Off site SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Instagram, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are many other ways of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and usually easy to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another company that has a site, or you have friends or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to any of these associates in Derby and ask them to feature an article about you or your products on the site. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the time. Be sure to give yourself a website and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Derby and you are wanting to rank for a local Derby service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have an opportunity to link out to your web page from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to create a backlink. Building business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Derby, Kansas on those profiles but to also backlink to your site from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success locating sites on the internet that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant article, leave a comment and engage with the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that points back to your site. That is a comment link.
Subscription Based Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google provides, there are many other utilities that assist you with monitoring traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your web page and keeping a nice link profile is a must for ranking. Here are a few of those software interfaces and some information on how they can assist you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to view referral links, discover link building opportunities, find malicious back links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are proven useful for SEO. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Derby and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of limited but free SEO optimization software interfaces for you guys that are just getting off the ground.
DA and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to monitor the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a must have tool for managing your web sites SEO. For those of you overseeing an SEO agency, this software allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a clients online property. Most of the tools provided through this dashboard are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and lots more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that allows you to monitor the condition of your website. Most of the tools made available on Ahrefs are very similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must get tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying backlinks referring to your website. This is helpful for locating good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software subscription that is primarily used to track the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge progress and/or recognize a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to manage the SEO for their clients, Pro Rank Tracker is an affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics indicate position movement in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in keyword rankings while the green values show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying key terms that you want to rank your property for. You can choose specific location identification settings to discover search volume in a specified city and state like Derby, Kansas. These key words that you identify and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in Pro Rank Tracker. Another useful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched keywords is beneficial to anyone trying to rank in Kansas.
Derby Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.