Off Site SEO
Off site optimization refers to other web properties and the inbound links coming from those sites. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business, a social property like Youtube, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with another business that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have sites. Simply reach out to one of these individuals in Destin and ask them to feature an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their page from your property. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Destin and you are wanting to rank for a local Destin service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Creating business profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only have a local presence in Destin, Florida on those profiles but to also backlink to your website from that profile.
• Blog Comments – I have experienced personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our web page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Don’t be a spammer, find an interesting blog post, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your page. That my friends is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web property and keeping a nice back link profile is a must for ranking. Here are some of those software interfaces and some information on how they can assist you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to locate inbound links, find link building opportunities, locate unwanted backlinks, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other tools that are irreplaceable for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Destin and the surrounding neighborhoods) and their arsenal of free to use optimization tools for you guys that are just getting started.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this tool to monitor the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your web sites SEO. For those of you running an SEO organization, this software also allows you to maintain and track sudden changes with a businesses online presence. Most of the services offered through this interface are position tracking, website audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your website. Many of the features available within Ahrefs are similar to those available on SEM Rush, but there are some specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The backlink profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for locating links directing to your website. This is great for discovering good and bad links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software dashboard that is mostly used to track the movement of individual key words and URLS. A tool like this is needed to gauge movement and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable option in the industry.
Ranking statistics refer to keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is great for locating keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can configure geo specific location settings to uncover search volume in a specified city and state like Destin, Florida. These key phrases that you find and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume info, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is valuable to anyone trying to rank in Florida.
Destin Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.