Off Site Optimization
Off site SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those properties. Those links are called backlinks. The referring property can be another blog or business, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are many other means of getting authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a business that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these associates in Dixon and ask them to feature an article about you or your company on the site. My suggestion is that you create it to save them the time. Be sure to create a page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dixon and you are wanting to rank for a local Dixon service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social foundations like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Reddit you have the ability to link out to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a backlink. Building profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only build a local presence in Dixon, California on those profiles but to also backlink to your page from that profile.
• User Comments – I have experienced personal success finding articles on the web that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, search for an interesting article, leave a comment and engage with the community, then leave a signature in your comment that links back to your site. That is a backlink.
Software Subscriptions For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other dashboards that help you monitor site traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the health of your web site and keeping a authoritative backlink profile is a must for ranking your property. Here are some of the tools and some basic info on how they could assist you with your off site SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to research inbound links, find link outreach opportunities, locate negative back links, check a websites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ also offers other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Dixon and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of limited but free optimization tools for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and PA are very important metrics in SEO. Use this software to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your sites optimization. For individuals overseeing an SEO business, this software also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a businesses online profile. Most of the tools provided through this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, profile monitoring, inbound link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain health, and lots more.
Tracking keyword rankings and traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your website. The features made available within Ahrefs are similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have subscription for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword research tool, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for identifying referral links pointing to your web site. This is helpful for identifying good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is an online based SEO software tool that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of individual key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor the SEO for their clients, PRT is a very affordable option.
Ranking metrics indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating keywords that you want rank for. You can customize geo specific location identification settings to identify keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Dixon, California. These key terms that you locate and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another useful feature is the search chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
finding locally searched keywords is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in California.
Dixon Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.