Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or company site, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with a company that has a website, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have a business site. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in Douglas and ask them to post an article about you or your services on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the time. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by creating a link to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Douglas and you are wanting to rank for a local Douglas service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Media – By setting up social properties like Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your web page from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a great way to get a referral link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Douglas, Georgia on those profiles but to also link back to your page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success locating sites on the web that were relevant to our site and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, search for an topical web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your site. That is a backlink.
Off Site SEO Tools
There are other options to the optimization tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring traffic, authority links, referral links, rankings, and other analytic tools. Maintaining the health of your property and maintaining a nice backlink profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of the interfaces and some basic information on how they will assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to view inbound links, find linking opportunities, locate negative backlinks, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are must haves for agencies. Take a look at MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Douglas and the surrounding areas) and the plethora of limited but free SEO dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to evaluate the metrics on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for monitoring your web sites SEO. For people running an SEO organization, this software also allows you to orchestrate and track any changes with a clients online profile. Most of the services offered in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain metrics, and lots more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very efficient interface that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your website. The tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs has a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and lots more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool we use for identifying links referring to your site. This is useful for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software tool that is mostly used to track the rankings of individual keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is needed to gauge progress and/or identify a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking metrics refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values represent a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed represent a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding key terms that you want rank your page for. You can choose geo-specific location settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Douglas, Georgia. These keywords that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you analyze in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search chart, this identifies how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is helpful to anyone trying to rank in Georgia.
Douglas Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.