Off Site Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other web sites and the inbound links coming from those pages. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or social comment linking back to your site. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and are typically easy to get.
• Link Outreach – You have probablyI’m sure you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking partners that have a business site. Just reach out to one of these individuals in Dumfries and ask them to post an article about you or your business on it. My suggestion is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a back link and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from your site. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Dumfries and you are wanting to rank for a local Dumfries service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social accounts like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send links to your website from the user profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to build a referral link. Setting up business profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only create a local presence in Dumfries, Virginia on those profiles but to also send links back to your web page from that property.
• Social Comments – I have experienced personal success finding sites on the internet that were relevant to our page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant web page, leave a comment and engage with the online community, then leave a signature in your comment that refers back to your site. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Tools
In addition to the SEO tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your site and maintaining a clean backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are some of those tools and some basic info on how they can help you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz OSE allows you to locate back links, find linking opportunities, discover malicious backlinks, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz provides other tools that are proven useful for agencies. Check out MOZ local (metrics specific to Dumfries and the surrounding cities) and their arsenal of free to use optimization dashboards for those of you that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for maintaining your web sites optimization. For individuals managing an SEO agency, this software allows you to maintain and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online profile. Most of the services provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, brand monitoring, inbound link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and much more.
Tracking keyword rankings and referral traffic are really important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very useful dashboard that allows you to manage the health of your web site. The features made available within Ahrefs are very similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are very unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have subscription for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch overviews, backlink explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for discovering back links directing to your website. This is great for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to track the movement of unique key words and URLS. Software like this is required to gauge progress and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For people looking to monitor SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable option.
Ranking statistics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values seen show a jump in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for identifying key terms that you want rank your property for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to uncover search volume in a specified city and state like Dumfries, Virginia. These key terms that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you monitor in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search chart, this shows how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Virginia.
Dumfries Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.