Off Page Optimization
Off page optimization refers to other sites and the links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web site can be another blog or business, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving authority backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to obtain.
• Link Outreach – Most likely you have done business with someone else that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have websites. Take the time to reach out to one of these individuals in Durham and ask them to include an article about you or your business on it. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to give yourself a property and return the favor to them by linking to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Durham and you are wanting to rank for a local Durham service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr you have the ability to send no follow links to your site from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a backlink. Creating profiles within directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Durham, North Carolina on those profiles but to also send links back to your web page from that profile.
• Social Comments – I have had personal success searching for blogs on the web that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a backlink to our webpage. Do not be a spammer, search for an relevant article, comment and engage with the community, then leave a backlink in your comment that links back to your site. That is a backlink.
Tools For Off Page SEO
In addition to the tools that Google provides, there are plenty of other tools that assist you with monitoring site traffic, referral traffic, referral links, rankings, and many other analytic tools. Monitoring the healthy condition of your web site and maintaining a nice referral link profile is essential for ranking your property. Here are some of the software interfaces and some basic information on how they can help you with your off site optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to inspect inbound links, discover link building opportunities, find suspicious referral links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz developed other useful tools that are must haves for optimization. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Durham and the surrounding neighborhoods) and the arsenal of limited but free optimization optimization software interfaces for those of you that are just getting established.
Domain Authority and PA are very important metrics in SEO. You can use this software to check the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great piece of software for managing your sites optimization. For people managing an SEO agency, this software allows you to orchestrate and keep track of sudden changes with a clients online presence. Many of the services offered in this interface are position tracking, web site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, link audits, lead gen management, keyword rank analytics, domain analytics, and much more.
Tracking keywords and site traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – One very impressive interface that gives you the opportunity to manage the condition of your web site. Many of the tools available within Ahrefs are identical to those available on SEM Rush, but there are really specialized tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword explorer, batch analytics, inbound link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is an awesome piece of software used for identifying inbound links referring to your web site. This is great for discovering good and bad links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – Pro Rank Tracker is a subscription based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to track the movement of specific key words and URLS. Software such as this is needed to monitor movement and/or identify a dip in rankings. For businesses looking to monitor SEO for clients, PRT is a very affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a drop in rankings while the green values show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for finding keywords that you want to rank your site for. You can customize specific location settings to pin-point keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Durham, North Carolina. These key phrases that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another helpful tool is the search graph, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is helpful to anyone trying to rank in North Carolina.
Durham Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.