Off Site SEO
Off page SEO refers to other web properties and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are other ways of getting referral links, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have sites. Just reach out to one of these connections in Eau Claire and ask them to include an article about you or your company on it. My recommendation is that you produce it to save them the hassle. Be sure to create a website and return the favor to them by building a link to their site from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Eau Claire and you are wanting to rank for a local Eau Claire service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social properties like Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and Reddit you have the ability to link out to your website from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these platforms. Lots of ways to link out, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to build a link. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Eau Claire, Wisconsin on those profiles but to also send nofollow backlinks to your site from that property.
• Blog Comments – I have had personal success locating articles on the internet that were topical to our web page and commenting on them with a backlink to our webpage. Don’t be a spammer, find an topical article, comment and engage with the community, then leave a URL in your comment that links back to your website. That is a comment link.
Tools For Off Page SEO
There are other options to the tools that Google provides, there are other dashboards that help you monitor internet traffic, authority links, backlinks, page rankings, and many other analytic tools. Maintaining the healthy condition of your web page and maintaining a authoritative link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your site. Here are some of those interfaces and some basic info on how they could help you with your off page optimization.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view back links, discover link outreach opportunities, discover negative referral links, check a sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other useful tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Take a look at Moz local (metrics specific to Eau Claire and the surrounding areas) and their plethora of free optimization optimization software interfaces for you SEO’s that are just getting your feet wet.
Domain Authority and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. Use this software to monitor the metrics on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for maintaining your websites SEO. For people managing an SEO agency, this software allows you to monitor and track sudden changes with a businesses online property. Most of the tools provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, web site audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keyword positions and traffic are very important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very efficient dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. Many of the features made available on Ahrefs are a lot like those available on SEM Rush, but there are many unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must get resource for anyone optimizing sites. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software we use for identifying links referring to your web site. This is useful for identifying good and bad back links.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the rankings of individual keywords and URLS. A tool like this is required to gauge movement and/or recognize a dip in rankings. For individuals looking to manage the SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in keyword rankings while the green values displayed show a jump in keyword rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is great for identifying key phrases that you want rank your site for. You can choose geo specific location identification settings to identify search volume in a specified city and state like Eau Claire, Wisconsin. These keywords that you find and begin targeting will be the same group of keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume graph, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search queries.
finding locally searched keywords is valuable for anyone trying to rank in Wisconsin.
Eau Claire Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.