Off Page Optimization
Off page SEO refers to other pages and the referral links coming from them. These links are called backlinks. The referring web property can be another blog or business website, a social property like Twitter, a citation, or article comment linking back to your property. There are many other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common and are typically simple to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a business that has a site, or you have friends or networking associates that have a business site. Simply reach out to any of these individuals in Elkhorn and ask them to feature an article about you or your business on there. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the hassle. Be sure to give yourself a link back and return the favor to them by building a link to their page from your web page. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elkhorn and you are wanting to rank for a local Elkhorn service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Platforms – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr you have an opportunity to send no follow links to your property from the user profile. You can also link out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to get a an inbound link. Building profiles in directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will provide you with the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Elkhorn, Wisconsin on those platforms but to also backlink to your web page from that profile.
• Comments – I have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our website and commenting on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant article, comment and engage the online community, and leave a URL in your comment that links back to your website. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
In addition to the optimization tools that Google makes available, there are many other utilities that assist you with monitoring internet traffic, referral traffic, referral links, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Guarding the health of your web site and maintaining a authoritative referral link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking. Here are some of the interfaces and some basic info on how they can assist you with your off page SEO.
• Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – The Moz Open Site Explorer allows you to locate referral links, find link building opportunities, find suspicious backlinks, check on a sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other tools that are must haves for agencies. Take a look at Moz local (metrics exclusive to Elkhorn and the surrounding areas) and their arsenal of free optimization dashboards for you SEO’s that are just getting started.
DA and Page Authority are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to monitor the health on your site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing piece of software for monitoring your websites SEO. For people overseeing an SEO organization, this subscription also allows you to maintain and keep track of changes with a businesses online presence. Many of the tools provided in this interface are keyword position tracking, website audits, social tracking, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword rank analytics, domain metrics, and more.
Tracking keywords and web traffic are very important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – Another very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your web site. Many of the tools available on Ahrefs are a lot like those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that make Ahrefs a must have tool for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch analytics, backlink explorer, and lots more.
The referral link profile explorer is a great tool used for discovering back links directing to your site. This is useful for locating good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is most commonly used to monitor the movement of unique keywords and URL strings. Software such as this is required to monitor progress and/or identify a drop in rankings. For agencies looking to monitor the SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking statistics indicate position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values seen indicate a dip in rankings while the green values represent an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is useful for locating keywords that you want rank your site for. You can configure geo specific location settings to identify keyword search volume in a specific city and state like Elkhorn, Wisconsin. These keywords that you locate and begin to target will be the same keywords that you follow in PRT. Another useful tool is the search chart, this indicates how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a consistent search volume.
Identifying locally searched terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Wisconsin.
Elkhorn Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.