Off Site SEO
Off site SEO refers to other properties and the links coming from those pages. Those links are called backlinks. The referring site can be another blog or business, a social property like Pinterest, a citation, or blog comment linking back to you. There are other ways of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with another company that has a website, or you have friends or networking partners that have sites. Simply reach out to anyone of these connections in Elkins and ask them to post an article about you or your services on the site. My recommendation is that you write it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to create a web page and return the favor to them by building a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Elkins and you are wanting to rank for a local Elkins service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Sites – By setting up social profiles like Instagram, G+, Youtube, and Flickr you have the option to link out to your web page from the account profile. You can also create links from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to create links, just need to get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a legitimate way to get a link. Setting up profiles in local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will give you the chance to not only build a local presence in Elkins, West Virginia on those platforms but to also backlink to your page from that profile.
• Comments – I have had personal success locating sites on the internet that were topical to our site and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an topical article, comment and engage with the community, and leave a signature in your comment that links back to your site. That is a comment link.
Off Site SEO Software Tools
In addition to the SEO tools that Google makes available, there are other utilities that help you monitor site traffic, authority links, backlinks, rankings, and other analytics. Keeping an eye on the healthy condition of your site and maintaining a authoritative backlink profile is essential for ranking your site. Here are a few of those subscriptions and some basic information on how they can assist you with your off site optimization.
• MOZ OSE – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ Open Site Explorer allows you to view inbound links, discover linking opportunities, discover negative back links, check on a web sites domain authority, and page authority. MOZ developed other tools that are irreplaceable for SEO. Check out MOZ local (metrics exclusive to Elkins and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use SEO tools for you SEO’s that are just getting established.
DA and PA are very important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this site to evaluate the health on your website.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is an amazing tool for monitoring your websites optimization. For those of you running an SEO agency, this software also allows you to monitor and keep track of changes with a businesses online property. Most of the services offered through this dashboard are position tracking, site audits, social media managment, brand monitoring, backlink audits, lead generation management, keyword search analytics, domain health, and more.
Tracking keywords and referral traffic are super important features in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive tool that gives you the opportunity to monitor the health of your web site. The features made available within Ahrefs are very similar to those found on SEM Rush, but there are some unique tools that have made Ahrefs a must have resource for any SEO agency. Ahrefs includes a website explorer, content crawler, keyword explorer, batch overviews, inbound link explorer, and more.
The backlink profile explorer is a great piece of software used for identifying backlinks pointing to your web site. This is great for discovering good and bad backlinks.
• PRT – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is a subscription based SEO software dashboard that is most commonly used to track the movement of unique keywords and URLS. Software such as this is needed to gauge progress and/or spot a dip in the SERPS. For businesses looking to monitor the SEO for clients, PRT is a pretty affordable option in the industry.
Ranking stats refer to position movement in the SERPS. The red values indicate a drop in rankings while the green values displayed show an increase in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This tool is effective for identifying key phrases that you want rank your page for. You can customize geo-specific location settings to identify keyword search volume in a specified city and state like Elkins, West Virginia. These key terms that you identify and begin targeting will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another useful feature is the search chart, this shows how many searches occur monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched key terms is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in West Virginia.
Elkins Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.